April 2014 Favourites

/ Wednesday 30 April 2014 /

Here are some of my favourite things from this month. I've been crazy busy with the end of classes and exams so I've been sticking to a very simple make-up and beauty routine. I feel like when you're using minimal make-up it is even more important to select good products.


Beauty Treats Aloe Makeup Remover Cleansing Tissues- I was skeptical about these wipes because they are often sold at the registers of clothing stores. I picked them up for $3 not expecting them to be amazing, but they are definitely my new favourite wipe. The pack contains 30 wipes which are very saturated and powerful enough to remove waterproof eye make up. I did not experience any break outs for these wipes or from any remaining make up they left behind. They have a very light and fresh aloe scent. At the price point, these are an absolute steal! 



                                      

Gelaze by China Glaze Gel Polishes- I started using the gelaze line a few months ago and I love it for my gel manicures and pedicures. The gelaze line polishes include the basecoat and nail colour in one step making the line super easy to use. My two favourite colours for the month are definitely Fairy Dust(top) and Swing Baby(bottom). Fairy dust is a silvery iridescent fine milled glitter that goes great over any polish colour to give some extra sparkle. Swing baby is a shimmery champagne gold that looks great on both fingers and toes for the summer season.


Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Line- This line SAVED my skin. A full in depth review of the products from the line I use will be coming soon. These products are perfect for people that suffer from mild breakouts, but do not have overly oily skin because they don't dry out your skin. 

Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum- I was not overly enthusiastic about these blushes when they came out. The texture and consistency is cool, but it seemed gimmicky to me. I picked one of these up in this medium tone pink while they were on sale because I do like mousse and cream blushes for light make up days. I don't see any plum tones in the colour like the name suggests but it well pigmented and beautiful on the apples of your cheeks.The product is incredibly easy to blend. I apply it with my fingers.

Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner- I love essence for their ultra affordable basic make up and nail products. This eyeliner is a great felt tip liner for someone that likes a medium width cat eye. It has great staying power for someone like me who suffers from watery eyes.

L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extension Waterproof Mascara -  This is my new #1 beauty must have beauty product. L'oreal mascaras are my absolute favourite. I also love fibre mascaras. I'm not entirely sure why it took me so long to try this. I normally go for volumizing mascaras, but I think this mascara still gives you a good amount of volume as well as tons of length. I have extremely straight, hard to curl lashes and this mascara keeps them looking long and full al day long. I always use waterproof because it holds the curl in my lashes better. I pair this mascara with my Revlon Diamond Collection Eyelash Curler. Revlon eyelash curlers seem to be the only curlers that fit close to my eyelid so that I get lots of lift right at the lash line. I've purchased many of the curlers in their line throughout the years, but I could not resist the colourful blinged-out designs in their new diamond collection.   
 
Seeing is Believing by Erin McCarthy - This is the third book in her Cuttersville series which are great easy reads. I read the second book Heiress for Hire years ago on a vacation. I read this book in two nights. It's a fun sexy light read that's perfect for travelling or a vacation. The story follows characters from the previous books, but it is not crucial that you read the books in order.


Supernatural - This is my netflix obsession. I remember some of my girlfriends obsessing over this show in highschool, but I never really got into it. I love anything scary or "supernatural" (lol), so I should have got in to this a looong time ago. I'm currently on the third season and I plan on finishing it throughout the summer. Dean Winchester is my favourite character, for obvious reasons (because he's hot). This is a great replacement for The Walking Dead and Daryl Dixon for the summer. 


Elise xo






0 comments:

Post a Comment

❤ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder❤

If you don't see it.... keep looking
 
Copyright © 2010 Back Lace, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger